Consumer Law Litigation Clinic (Seasonal, according, With UW law school)
975 Bascom Mall
Madison, WI 53706
Fathers for Equal Justice
CountyOffice.org: Free online reference guide for accurate, up-to-date information about all government offices and public records sources in your local area.
Lawyer Referral and Information Service: Will answer simple legal questions & provide referrals to attorneys.
Legal Action of Wisconsin, Inc.
300 Ohio Street
Madison, WI 53703
(855) 947-2529 or (920) 233-6521
Legal Assistance – Seniors Coalition of, WI Aging Groups (CWAG)
30 West Mifflin, Suite 406
Madison, WI 53703
(608) 224-0606 or (800) 488-2596
Legislative Hotline: (800) 362-9472
Marquette County District Attorney Office: Evaluated the evidence provided by law enforcement and may determine that additional investigation is necessary before filling changes.
77 Park Street
Montello, WI 53949
Marquette County Probation Department:
- Probation is an alternative to incarceration that involves a set of conditions with which the offender must comply to avoid jail or other sanctions.
- Parole is a form of early release from jail, that also imposes a set of conditions that an offender must follow in order to avoid returning to jail.
- (608) 297-9347
Wisbar.org: provides an online research tool for referrals and information. It has very nice information that answers commonly asked legal questions, communicates basic legal information in an easy to understand, question-and-answer format. Topics on many subjects include bankruptcy, Health Care, Landlord/Tenant, Powers of Attorney, Revocable Living Trusts and Wills/Estate Planning.
- Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS): Attorneys can be found either by searching the Wisbar.org website or by calling and speaking to a legal assistant. The assistant will assist in determining if you need an attorney, and how to proceed if you do. Attorney referred through LRIS can charge no more than $20 for the first consultation, up to 1 half hour.
5302 Eastpark Blvd
Madison, WI 53718-2101
State Bar: (800) 728-7788 or (608) 257-3838
LRIS: (800) 362-9082 or (608) 257-4666
Legal Advice – American Bar Association ( for people with low income)
ABA Free Legal Answers