Marquette County Emergency Preparedness & Aid. Please find county specific plans at the Marquette County Emergency Management website
Ready Wisconsin: In February 2003, the US Department of Homeland Security launched the Ready campaign. It is a national public service advertising campaign designed to educate and empower Americans to prepare for and respond to emergencies, including natural and technological disasters and potential terrorist attacks. The goal of the national campaign is to get the public involved and ultimately to increase the level of basic preparedness across the nation. ReadyWisconsin is Wisconsin’s counterpart to the national campaign. ReadyWisconsin began in 2008 and is part of the Wisconsin Department of Military Affairs. It serves as a one-stop shop for emergency and disaster preparedness information and provides links to other relevant national, state, local, tribal and volunteer agencies.
- State of Wisconsin Emergency Management
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) FEMA brochure
- National Weather Service Enhanced Radar Images
- American Red Cross
- Project Lifesaver
- ICE – In Case of Emergency Campaign
- NOAA Weather
Free hotline for people in Crawford, Dane, Juneau, La Crosse, Marquette, Monroe, Richland, Sauk, and Vernon counties who were affected by last summer’s flooding: www.wisbar.org/NewsPublications/Pages/General-Article.
People can call (877) 947-5291 if they are facing legal issues and are unable to afford a lawyer between 8 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday. People can also submit questions online at wi.freelegalanswers.org
Types of assistance include:
- Assistance with securing Federal Emergency Management Agency and other government benefits available to disaster survivors;
- Help with life, medical, and property insurance claims;
- Assistance with home repair contracts and contractors;
- Replacement of wills and other important legal documents destroyed in the disaster;
- Help with consumer protection matters, remedies, and procedures;
- Counseling on mortgage foreclosure problems;
- Counseling on landlord-tenant problems.