Free hotline for people in Crawford, Dane, Juneau, La Crosse, Marquette, Monroe, Richland, Sauk, and Vernon counties who were affected by last summer’s flooding: www.wisbar.org/NewsPublications/Pages/General-Article.
People can call (877) 947-5291 if they are facing legal issues and are unable to afford a lawyer between 8 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday. People can also submit questions online at wi.freelegalanswers.org
Types of assistance include:
- Assistance with securing Federal Emergency Management Agency and other government benefits available to disaster survivors;
- Help with life, medical, and property insurance claims;
- Assistance with home repair contracts and contractors;
- Replacement of wills and other important legal documents destroyed in the disaster;
- Help with consumer protection matters, remedies, and procedures;
- Counseling on mortgage foreclosure problems;
- Counseling on landlord-tenant problems.